Friday, April 25, 2008

13.1 Miles. We did it!


We went to Salt Lake to do our 1/2 Marathon. I love running in Utah because for the entire 13.1 miles people are crowding the road and cheering you on. It felt great!
Also pretty cool is when we were almost to the finish line the professional athletes(those africans that are way too skinny) were finishing 26.2 miles. Kinda depressing....knowing they did 26.2 miles in the same time you did 13.1...

We also got to see Sean play 3 games! As you can see in the picture I wore my medal ALL DAY!! I was very proud of myself.

We are now on to our new adventure triathalons!

10 comments:

AMBER said...

You guys are awesome! Congrats on your marathon!

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

hey girl, thanks again for sending that email 3 months ago or whenever it was. I would have never done the race and I am so happy I did. Are you in for next year? Hope so. It was great to see you for the 5 minutes we did, sorry we didn't make it out to one of Sean's games. Hopefully we will see more of you once we move down to Vegas. With Niels' family in AZ, and your party house in Vegas, I think it is totally doable =)

Melissa said...

yay!! I'm so proud of you guys.

Hickman Clan said...

What up girl!!! How the heck are you? I am so excited to have spotted your blog. Congrats on the 1/2 marathon!

-Jessica Hickman

Kjerstine said...

way to go girl!!! you rock! :) id wear my medal all day too!
xo
kj

brittney said...

way to go jess!! that is so awesome. and wow... triathalons. you're CRAZY.

cori said...

wow! you guys are so awesome! congrats! cute picture of you two.

Ryan Faggard said...

It was such a blast to see you guys in Utah. Now you have to make a trip out to Maryland to see the true beauty of the east coast, and you'll be ready to make your move out here. =)

brittney said...

I'm on the waiting list for "The Host" at my library! Have you ever heard of the 3 books by Maria Snyder: Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study? ... check them out.

Tiffy said...

Looks like some fun times! Is that brother still single? ha ha remember that day at the baby shower! :) I sure miss you! Did you hear I finally left Modbe. About time I know haha love ya looks like your having lots of fun!