Monday, August 3, 2009

Ladies dig the Hair!




On Thursday July 30 we went to the hospital to be induced (I was 3 days over due date). I checked in at 10 that morning and they got the juices going. I was doing great until about 2 when the contractions became erratic and I was very slowly progressing. At this point I questioned if I was going to be in labor for a few days! Luckily they gave me more juices and contractions began again. At midnight I finally was dilated to a 10. I pushed this monster-large child out of me in about 25 minutes. The nurses and doctor were surprised that Emmett could get out of me that quick. I know what your all thinking.....14 hours labor!!! It actually wasn't too bad because I had the epidural that afternoon and didn't feel anything except the last 5 minutes when pushing him out of me! With having an epidural it is still painful!!! I don't know how ANYONE can do it without an epidural if you do your a crazy lady.
It has been a few days and I am doing pretty good. I have lots of soreness but luckily my mom is here to help. Thanks for all the love and support everyone has given us.

11 comments:

Gretchen Edwards said...

He is adorable! Congrats to you both! Hope you are getting some sleep!

brookeisacrazylady said...

He is darling. Congrats! I love love babies with hair! Good job!

Emily said...

He is so darling! I'm glad everything went well. How are the dogs taking to him? He's got Dave's squinty eyes :)

The Blooms said...

Congrats girl! I bet you are so happy he is finally here. I tried texting you a couple of times but never heard back from you. Call me so Nate and I can come by and visit you.

brittney said...

Finally! Some details! Way to go Jess, 14 hours is a long time for anything, especially labor. I hope you continue to recover well and that baby emmett is a good sleeper! What a fun pic with your sister and mom.

starkmom said...

I'm so happy that part is finally over for you! I can't believe how much hair he has! So are you going to call him EJ? I like the name Emmett (and not just because of Twilight).Make sure you get plenty of sleep while your mom is here. I'll come see you guys soon!

Colin M said...

Congrats he is adorable!!

merilee said...

He is adorable Jessica! I love his sweet face and all that hair. You look fabulous as well :-) Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

He sooo cute..
I'm glad everything went well.
___________________
Vince
Email Marketing Solutions

Heather said...

Well done Jessica and Dave!! He is adorable. What fun you'll have with his gorgeous hair. So glad that Beth was there with you and so great to be so close to Lindsey...

Love & congratulations !!!!!!

Emily said...

He is so beautiful. I am so happy for your family. It is amazing how much you can love such a little person. They are such blessings and their spirits are so sweet. I hope you all are doing well. Love you!